In talking with my grandfather the other day about my new project to stay positive, he suggested I go to the Christian Science Monitor for articles. Based on the name, and being rather non-religious, I was curious if it was only Christian or was geared toward Christian scientists, wrong ! Once again, my 90 year old grandfather proves he is still the smartest man I know. So...here's the scoop, I went to the CS Monitor page and noticed a wholly different approach to front page news, a mix of good and bad, positive and negative, whoo ! It seems like I struck gold in finding positive articles more easily than digging through the dredge as I was before. I even found a whole page reserved for articles about people making a difference, THIS is my kind of news source.
Now I have a project for this post today, I'll be giving you my top choice article from what is presented on this page, but I want your feedback, too ! Check out the various articles, glance over their content, and tell me how they made you feel inspired or brought a smile to your face!
Let me give you the generic page as to check out the articles : CS MONITOR - MAKING A DIFFERENCE
My fave article : In Syria, the fight for women's rights means helping both genders, Sarah Birke
I love all articles about the education and empowerment of women. Reiterated by "Half the Sky," and the amazing story of the 29 new female lieutenants in Afghanistan, women are an incredibly ignored resource in many countries... think of all the changes economically, socially, politically that would be brought about if half of a country's entire population wasn't deliberately neglected. This article indeed shows that a more empowered, more educated, and more free population of women is in fact a key factor in the success of nations dominated almost entirely by men. How could I not have a smile on my face for advancing women's rights ?
Now it's your turn, send me some feedback !
No comments:
Post a Comment