This is not to say that following world and nationwide news isn't important, it's good to keep up with the day to day changes, world politics, regime changes, etc., it's a globalizing world and it's important to be involved. HOWEVER, if I see or listen to one more stupid news piece about some idiot trying to deface religious property or burn holy books, or another article about intolerance in general, I am going to stuff my mouth full of habanero peppers and hope I feel better. Thus I have created, with help from a suggestion from my friend Jesse, Contented News...pun intended (thanks, Jesse!). Here are the last three articles I posted on my facebook for your reading enjoyment (literally, as all of them will hopefully spark some sort of smile on your face!).
A positive article a day keeps the stress away, at least that's how I feel ! This is my effort to stay positive (and sane !) and find the good things happening everywhere that really matter.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Hi there !
Well, I decided this project of mine would be better served by making a blog, instead of constantly posting articles on my facebook (you'll just get blog updates now !). Here's the skinny : I came back from France just over a month ago and was so taken aback at the amount of negative media we pound into people's brains all day long, no wonder we are so stressed all the time ! I knew that there had to be positive news out there, like a recent article in the New York Times about successful post-apartheid schools in South Africa where the success rate of children is 9/10. Or the fact that humans have evolved to feel pleasure from pain in the heat of a chili. But it takes the backseat to the big issues, of course, and any other sort of negative media (i.e. anything having to do with Glenn Beck). This is as much a project for myself as for anyone who chooses to read this blog (which may ultimately just be my mother) because frankly, if I read every single headline on CNN, NYT, Wall Street Journal, I would need an NCIS marathon and a gigantic pile of macarons to lift the weight of negativity off my shoulders. My goal is to present an article a day, maybe more about something important, interesting, and positive going on in the world today !
This is not to say that following world and nationwide news isn't important, it's good to keep up with the day to day changes, world politics, regime changes, etc., it's a globalizing world and it's important to be involved. HOWEVER, if I see or listen to one more stupid news piece about some idiot trying to deface religious property or burn holy books, or another article about intolerance in general, I am going to stuff my mouth full of habanero peppers and hope I feel better. Thus I have created, with help from a suggestion from my friend Jesse, Contented News...pun intended (thanks, Jesse!). Here are the last three articles I posted on my facebook for your reading enjoyment (literally, as all of them will hopefully spark some sort of smile on your face!).
This is not to say that following world and nationwide news isn't important, it's good to keep up with the day to day changes, world politics, regime changes, etc., it's a globalizing world and it's important to be involved. HOWEVER, if I see or listen to one more stupid news piece about some idiot trying to deface religious property or burn holy books, or another article about intolerance in general, I am going to stuff my mouth full of habanero peppers and hope I feel better. Thus I have created, with help from a suggestion from my friend Jesse, Contented News...pun intended (thanks, Jesse!). Here are the last three articles I posted on my facebook for your reading enjoyment (literally, as all of them will hopefully spark some sort of smile on your face!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kelsy, I think this is a fantastic idea and I intend on reading your blog religiously!
ReplyDeleteMe too! Hope you comment about some of the articles along the way!
ReplyDeleteyour mom won't be the only one who will read it :(
ReplyDeletelol, you already have other people, and me now too :) love you more than an 85 degree day in mid-September (which today was, and let me just tell you, it was fantastic)